Some little known facts about flu that you might not have come across before.
- There are thought to be only three known flu viruses – although there are many strains of each
- Did you know the flu virus can live on hard surfaces for up to 24 hours and soft surfaces for around 20 minutes?
- There is a flu vaccination (flu jab); however it is generally given to those who are older or at particular risk of complications.
- You can infect others with a cold or flu virus a whole day before you realise you have it yourself
- Children tend to be contagious for an even longer period before actually showing symptoms of flu
Check out some other flu related articles!